Dog FOOD and Exercise

How would you feel if you carried around four 20-pound bags of dog food all day? DOG TIRED! 2 years ago, I used to weigh 80 pounds more and that’s how I felt. Run down. Exhausted.

Now I feel marvelous. Did I take a quick-fix pill or follow a fad diet? No, I just ate less and exercised more. That’s the only thing that really works.

Now that Beth is off to England, I’m getting back to business. I have 30 more pounds to go. It’s time to get busy.

I’m tweaking my exercise routine.

-- Monday and Wednesday, I’m on the treadmill.
-- Tuesday and Thursday, I take Pilate’s. It’s not as tough as last fall. I’m improving … slowly. When we’re on the mats, I can even touch my feet to the floor above my head. Not bad for 55.
-- Then (weather permitting), I’m walking 4 miles a day on Saturday and Sunday.
-- I get Fridays off. (I LOVE FRIDAYS!)

I want to push myself further on the treadmill.
First 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.7 mph
Second 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.8 mph
Third 5 minutes … 14% incline … 3.9 mph
Fourth 5 minutes … 14% incline … 4 mph
Fifth minutes … 13% incline … 4.1 mph
Last 5 minutes … 13% incline … 4.2 mph

Not bad for someone who used to be ready to die at 3 mph on the flat.


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

FOOD: Acai Berries




I’ve been looking into Acai berries. I can use all the help I can get losing this weight, but I really don’t want to waste my time on scams. One site pretended to be a news story. -- http://www.theacaiberryexpert.com/  I really hate it when idiots try to scam me.

This site ( http://www.aprovenacaiberry.com/acaiberryland.php?t=487940878 ) said things about scams that made sense, but that doesn’t mean they’re trust worthy. And I still don’t know if the berries themselves are a good idea.

Then I ended up on Oprah’s site. She’d never knowingly pass on inaccurate information, so this is what I was looking for. A source I can trust. 40 different Acai concoctions say she’s endorsed their products … without her permission. ( http://www.oprah.com/article/health/nutrition/20090105_orig_acai ) This tells me there’s a lot of crap floating around the net. (Surprise. Surprise.) But before the scammers got involved, was Acai a good idea?

Then I found Dr Perricone’s List of 10 Super Foods. - http://www.oprah.com/article/health/nutrition/20090105_orig_acai  He spotlighted 10 foods that were “rich in either the essential fatty acids (EFAs), antioxidants or fiber, and as in the case of açaí—all three!” Every year it’s something. Red wine is suppose to good for you (Whoopee!). Tomatoes, blue berries, green tea … they’ve all had their15-minutes of fame. I have nothing against Acai, but I’d like to know more.

Then I went to the Personal Blog part of Oprah’s web site. Ok, I thought it would be Oprah, herself, on Acai berry. ( http://www.oprah.com/community/blogs/acai1berry ) I was wrong. “The Real Acai Berry Truth” is written by “acai1berry.” Apparently her name is “Janette J. Agustin.” She writes, “If you really want to Lose Weight the healthy way, then you must try this Acai Berry Diet Free Trial.” This is a sales pitch. I might buy the product, but first I need to be convinced it’s worthwhile. Inform and convince first. Then sell.
Finally, I found a video of Dr. Oz this time, talking about Acai berries. I’m starting to believe they have health benefits. However, after an hour of prowling around the web, I have found nothing credible linking Acai berries and weight loss.

No comments: