Dog FOOD and Exercise

How would you feel if you carried around four 20-pound bags of dog food all day? DOG TIRED! 2 years ago, I used to weigh 80 pounds more and that’s how I felt. Run down. Exhausted.

Now I feel marvelous. Did I take a quick-fix pill or follow a fad diet? No, I just ate less and exercised more. That’s the only thing that really works.

Now that Beth is off to England, I’m getting back to business. I have 30 more pounds to go. It’s time to get busy.

I’m tweaking my exercise routine.

-- Monday and Wednesday, I’m on the treadmill.
-- Tuesday and Thursday, I take Pilate’s. It’s not as tough as last fall. I’m improving … slowly. When we’re on the mats, I can even touch my feet to the floor above my head. Not bad for 55.
-- Then (weather permitting), I’m walking 4 miles a day on Saturday and Sunday.
-- I get Fridays off. (I LOVE FRIDAYS!)

I want to push myself further on the treadmill.
First 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.7 mph
Second 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.8 mph
Third 5 minutes … 14% incline … 3.9 mph
Fourth 5 minutes … 14% incline … 4 mph
Fifth minutes … 13% incline … 4.1 mph
Last 5 minutes … 13% incline … 4.2 mph

Not bad for someone who used to be ready to die at 3 mph on the flat.


Friday, December 4, 2009

FAITHFUL



Can you put a price tag on being faithful in your marriage?  Is there a monetary cost for cheating on your spouse?

Tiger Woods has had a bad week. Up until today, I thought he had handled it as well as could be expected. Although the best way to deal with this would have been to not screw around in the first place.

Fame and money can be an aphrodisiac. Remember Henry Kissinger back in the 70s? Starlets were all over that guy and he was far from pretty. Add in good-looking and temptation will continue to throw herself at Tiger Woods. I’m not making excuses for him, but he didn’t get in this mess by himself.

Whether or not Elin Woods wishes to continue in the marriage is up to her. He has a job, where he will be gone a lot. A certain type of women will always be available … and eager. History has a tendency to repeat itself. How much is this going to affect her? They have kids and other people to consider. Ann Landers used to have a great question. “Is your life better with him or without him?”

What disturbs me is she’s being offered money to stay. It sounds like she’s for sale. I understand the value of a prenup. I’ve even advised a friend to have it done. It’s one thing to protect your pre-marital assets, but this is putting a dollars and cents value on something that is beyond money. She should be insulted, but apparently she’s not. The Sun Times is reporting that the retail value of Elin Woods remaining in the marriage has 7-figure price tag.

You can pretend that she’s “staying for the children.” But if mommy charges daddy 5-million dollars to stay married, no one is setting a good example.

No comments: