Dog FOOD and Exercise

How would you feel if you carried around four 20-pound bags of dog food all day? DOG TIRED! 2 years ago, I used to weigh 80 pounds more and that’s how I felt. Run down. Exhausted.

Now I feel marvelous. Did I take a quick-fix pill or follow a fad diet? No, I just ate less and exercised more. That’s the only thing that really works.

Now that Beth is off to England, I’m getting back to business. I have 30 more pounds to go. It’s time to get busy.

I’m tweaking my exercise routine.

-- Monday and Wednesday, I’m on the treadmill.
-- Tuesday and Thursday, I take Pilate’s. It’s not as tough as last fall. I’m improving … slowly. When we’re on the mats, I can even touch my feet to the floor above my head. Not bad for 55.
-- Then (weather permitting), I’m walking 4 miles a day on Saturday and Sunday.
-- I get Fridays off. (I LOVE FRIDAYS!)

I want to push myself further on the treadmill.
First 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.7 mph
Second 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.8 mph
Third 5 minutes … 14% incline … 3.9 mph
Fourth 5 minutes … 14% incline … 4 mph
Fifth minutes … 13% incline … 4.1 mph
Last 5 minutes … 13% incline … 4.2 mph

Not bad for someone who used to be ready to die at 3 mph on the flat.


Friday, December 18, 2009

FRIDAY FOTOS: Christmas Past with my Work FAMILY



In 2003, the Laser was in the Galesburg Christmas Parade as the Rudolf TV Special.
Beth (13 or 14) is the soldier.
Eric Hansen is the elf that wanted to be a dentist.
LaGrow is the Abominable Snowman.
Brian is the Burl Ives, the narrator snowman.


In 2004, the WGIL group did a Peanut's Christmas.
It's Terry, Shannon, Will and I'm not sure who else.


Also in 2004, this is the Sales Sister's Christmas Party at Laurie's.
Left to Right: Molly (copy), Michele, Angie T., Angie B., Shannon (news), Laurie, Tracy and me.
Only 1/2 of us are still here.

No comments: