Dog FOOD and Exercise

How would you feel if you carried around four 20-pound bags of dog food all day? DOG TIRED! 2 years ago, I used to weigh 80 pounds more and that’s how I felt. Run down. Exhausted.

Now I feel marvelous. Did I take a quick-fix pill or follow a fad diet? No, I just ate less and exercised more. That’s the only thing that really works.

Now that Beth is off to England, I’m getting back to business. I have 30 more pounds to go. It’s time to get busy.

I’m tweaking my exercise routine.

-- Monday and Wednesday, I’m on the treadmill.
-- Tuesday and Thursday, I take Pilate’s. It’s not as tough as last fall. I’m improving … slowly. When we’re on the mats, I can even touch my feet to the floor above my head. Not bad for 55.
-- Then (weather permitting), I’m walking 4 miles a day on Saturday and Sunday.
-- I get Fridays off. (I LOVE FRIDAYS!)

I want to push myself further on the treadmill.
First 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.7 mph
Second 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.8 mph
Third 5 minutes … 14% incline … 3.9 mph
Fourth 5 minutes … 14% incline … 4 mph
Fifth minutes … 13% incline … 4.1 mph
Last 5 minutes … 13% incline … 4.2 mph

Not bad for someone who used to be ready to die at 3 mph on the flat.


Friday, October 2, 2009

Remodeling the FAMILY Home




After several weeks of nothing, I lost a second pound this week. Of course, the weekend wasn’t happened yet, so I shouldn’t get excited. I feel like getting a little off-task to celebrate.



I love HGTV … not the realty shows and especially not the Property Shop with that self-absorbed prima donna. I love decorating shows. I followed Design Star and had the winner picked early. The judges talked about what a great group of talent they had this year, because it’s required. Others had good moments, but Antonio was good all the time. Did you see how he decorated his bedroom? A sombrero girl on the headboard would not be my choice, but it was fun.


I DVR Divine Design. A lot of her work is the same, but I like aspects of it, particularly the use of built-ins.


My favorite is Color Splash. I like bold color, but was brought up with pastels and neutrals. I want to learn how to pull it off without looking like kindergarten.  Find out more at http://www.hgtv.com/color-splash/show/index.html


While I want to do more landscaping, all their shows have pools and outdoor kitchens. I don’t want and can’t afford either of them. OK, I’d like the pool, but it's too much work in the Mid-West.


When I’m finally done with college tuition in 2011, I want to remodel. Take out some walls. Put the fireplace on an angle and get it working. Make the house cool. I’ve got graph paper and am laying out a floor plan. The design phase is cheap. It’s actually doing it that will cost me.

No comments: