Dog FOOD and Exercise

How would you feel if you carried around four 20-pound bags of dog food all day? DOG TIRED! 2 years ago, I used to weigh 80 pounds more and that’s how I felt. Run down. Exhausted.

Now I feel marvelous. Did I take a quick-fix pill or follow a fad diet? No, I just ate less and exercised more. That’s the only thing that really works.

Now that Beth is off to England, I’m getting back to business. I have 30 more pounds to go. It’s time to get busy.

I’m tweaking my exercise routine.

-- Monday and Wednesday, I’m on the treadmill.
-- Tuesday and Thursday, I take Pilate’s. It’s not as tough as last fall. I’m improving … slowly. When we’re on the mats, I can even touch my feet to the floor above my head. Not bad for 55.
-- Then (weather permitting), I’m walking 4 miles a day on Saturday and Sunday.
-- I get Fridays off. (I LOVE FRIDAYS!)

I want to push myself further on the treadmill.
First 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.7 mph
Second 5 minutes … 15% incline … 3.8 mph
Third 5 minutes … 14% incline … 3.9 mph
Fourth 5 minutes … 14% incline … 4 mph
Fifth minutes … 13% incline … 4.1 mph
Last 5 minutes … 13% incline … 4.2 mph

Not bad for someone who used to be ready to die at 3 mph on the flat.


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stubborn FAT: Why It's Not Moving





On August 27, I made a plan for refocusing on my diet. That was 8 weeks ago. How am I doing? http://fatfamilyotherfwords.blogspot.com/2009/08/fighting-fat-new-plan.html


Weight Loss Tool 1 - Exercise:
+ I’m going to the gym 3 nights a week as planned.
+ I’m doing arm exercises on the pullover machine before hand and during the first 10 minutes on the treadmill.
+ I’m even starting at 3.6 mph instead of the 3.5 that was in the plan.
- BUT I'm cutting out at 350 calories instead of sticking with it till 400.
+ I'm continuing Pilate’s. If I did the treadmill after Pilate’s, maybe that would help?


Weight Loss Tool Number 2 – Food:
+ I’m doing fine at breakfast.
+ I’m doing fine at work.
Then I get home. I’m trying to get away from the prepackaged stuff because of salt content. But meals from scratch have 2 problems.
- I snack while I cook.
- Calorie content is harder to figure. Maybe I should use more pre=packaged stuff for a while?
- Secondly, I’m an evening grazer. I’m not eating chocolate, because I’m not buying it. But I keep getting into the toast and butter.
- Of course the other problem is weekends. Eating is a social activity. Beth will not be home this weekend, so that should help. I need to have a way of dealing with her desire to indulge.


Weight Loss Tool Number 3 – Liquids:
- I don’t know how important this is, but I’m only doing about half what I planned. Some of my snacking is hunger, but the evening munchies are more about fidgeting. Maybe water would help with that. I’ll give it a try.


That’s 6 pluses and 6 minuses. When it comes to following my own plan, I’m not doing too well. No wonder I’m having trouble.

Ways to improve
  • Stay till 400 calories on the treadmill
  • Do the treadmill after Pilate's making that 4 nights a week instead of 3
  • SERIOUSLY cut down on the evening snacks.
  • Quit overeating on the weekends.
  • Walk on the weekends.
  • Drink more water.

No comments: